I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- The end of days is approaching...I've just joined a mailing list devoted to statistcs 42 minutes ago
- RT @acrystelle: [new blog post] Be okay with not knowing the way acrystelle.com/2015/05/be-oka… #career #success #lis #planning #pd 1 hour ago
- RT @TheWookieeRoars: From @DarthVader_No1 http://t.co/or6dclD9QY 14 hours ago
- One of the many cool things about having a family is when Ms 14 produces delicious things like this http://t.co/iYp5H7WRkM 15 hours ago
- So much truth! twitter.com/piawaugh/statu… 20 hours ago