I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @TerriHonk: #libcampoz The voting has begun on the topics for today's conference! https://t.co/u4SbzCy0gb 3 hours ago
- Wow, been 10 years since my first, and only, vala paper vala.org.au/conferences/pa… - should do another one one of these days 3 hours ago
- I have 8 topics, 5 slide decks and a few volunteers for powerpoint karaoke #libcampoz 3 hours ago
- Morning Campers! #libcampoz 6 hours ago
- RT @VALAlib: Many many thanks to Ebe Kartus and David Feighan for putting one of the best conferences we've ever had #vala16 21 hours ago