I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- I'm being a little naughty and have taken out my hearing aids at work for a bit. So relaxing. It's a quiet space but aids can be tiring 15 hours ago
- RT @Spacekatgal: I love this Polygon piece. "The game industry is wrong about kids, gaming and gender." polygon.com/2015/3/5/81532… 17 hours ago
- RT @ALIAnls7: Drum roll please...We are excited to present Ruth Bird as our first Keynote Speaker! See her amazing bio at http://t.co/Lj0EB… 18 hours ago
- It's #WorldBookDay? I knew there was a reason I bought all those books last night...late last night 21 hours ago
- Trained stopped for ages at Newtown with loud sirens 21 hours ago