I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- "It's Illegal to Possess or Distribute This Huge Number" gizmodo.com/its-illegal-to… 1 hour ago
- "We’re Kicking Off the WIRED Book Club With a Fantasy Epic (Or Is It Sci-Fi?) | WIRED" wired.com/2016/05/wired-… 1 hour ago
- "The Unlikely Resurgence Of Vintage Graphics Standards Manuals | Co.Design | business + design" fastcodesign.com/3059084/the-un… 1 hour ago
- "This Architecture Firm's Work Disappears As Quickly As It's Built | Co.Design | business + design" fastcodesign.com/3059457/this-a… 1 hour ago
- "Instead Of Renting An Apartment, Sign A Lease That Lets You Live Around The World | Co.Exist | ideas + impact" fastcoexist.com/3059469/instea… 1 hour ago