I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @pryorlisa: News: as it hasn't been possible to resolve matters directly, today I commenced proceedings in the Supreme Ct against Mark L… 2 hours ago
- I somehow suspect that emails offering to sell me bulk tablets aren't referring to computers 5 hours ago
- RT @mpesce: In the first week, #Netflix is fully 1/7th of iiNet's traffic. Ponder that. 8 hours ago
- RT @fmanjoo: Ellen Pao will prove to be Silicon Valley's greatest recent disruptor. Me @nytimes nytimes.com/2015/03/28/tec… http://t.co/5BbCZivt… 2 days ago
- Have proudly voted for Fred Nile in his final election. Have also voted for each of the 394 other candidates 2 days ago