I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- Definitely on holidays. Brekky at my usual cafe and just waiting on a piccolo from Alchemy 15 hours ago
- Today, I embark on a journey. I am off to the Easter Show. I may not survive. 1 day ago
- 3 books ordered last night through 3 different shops on abebooks, have all shipped. 1 even arranged cheaper shipping rate. Nice service 1 day ago
- RT @ptbyrnes: My latest feature: Why the vampire movie is hard to kill. Penetration, immortality, religiosity & vamps with no bite. http://… 2 days ago
- RT @ckindel: I just scratched my chin when my jaw hit the floor. "Handheld jet engines take extreme sports to the next level" http://t.co/I… 4 days ago