I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- Oh is that the time, I should head out and have brekky I s'pose. 4 hours ago
- RT @hypatiadotca: Time between telling a gamergater to go away and their buddies tweeting at my employer: 29 minutes. https://t.co/tuPE2pXV… 2 days ago
- RT @CSIROnews: News: Our new software allows researchers to present their findings through stunning visualisations: ow.ly/Du62P 2 days ago
- "Actually, it's about ethics in games journalism" themarysue.com/actually-its-a… 2 days ago
- RT @UnixToolTip: "Don’t ever, ever plan a backup strategy. Plan a restore strategy." -- Paul Randal 2 days ago