I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @doctorow: Game controller silicone molds for chocolate, candy & ice boingboing.net/2014/09/17/gam… http://t.co/I4qv6K6XSr 19 hours ago
- RT @wightbear: Accept responsibility for your own development, invest in it #national14 21 hours ago
- RT @JohnsanG: Give and solicit comstructive feedback - it’s a precious gift that keeps on giving! #national14 #keynote 21 hours ago
- Have just discovered automatic lawnmowers are a thing 1 day ago
- RT @MissStrawberryM: And you thought copyright for libraries was confusing. Wait until you add 3D printers into the mix! Patents, design, t… 1 day ago