I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- Steam powered games shop in Katoomba for the win 20 hours ago
- I find taking carloads of books to the salvos an effective method for book disposal m.smh.com.au/entertainment/… 1 day ago
- Oh my, skype with translation option under development arstechnica.com/information-te… 1 day ago
- RT @darlingstewie: Hey North Korea, since you control our entertainment industry now, can we bring back Firefly? 2 days ago
- RT @Kon__K: 63 women killed by male violence in 2014 in Australia. Where is our emergency plan & taskforce for this? #illridewithyou #au… 4 days ago