I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @conal_tuohy: An OAI-PMH provider built on top of @TroveAustralia using "Retailer" github.com/Conal-Tuohy/Re… 8 hours ago
- RT @TullochWines: Cellar Door Etiquette wp.me/p4JKGL-1Y 11 hours ago
- RT @koerbin: Just started a new harvest of gov websites for the Australian Government Web Archive. The 6th harvest since 2011 http://t.co/t… 11 hours ago
- RT @myleejoseph: Why @rdlankes isn’t all that worried about the fate of #libraries in the light of Kindle Unlimited wp.me/p2lqvG-1y2 2 days ago
- RT @fentnz: After a long labour, #NZMS has a bouncing baby website.. recollect.co.nz - I would LOVE your #feedback - tell us what … 2 days ago