I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @Spacekatgal: I appreciate all the Gamergate people that have written me to apologize for falling for Tweets impersonating me. I accept… 1 day ago
- RT @amyecroft: Hope to see lots of @ALIANational members 6pm tonight at Ultimo TAFE! MT @ALIASyd: NSW Annual Member Forum http://t.co/Gqcyg… 1 day ago
- RT @megturney: I feel this SO. HARD. Being scared into silence is easy - speaking up is hard, but right. Amen, @feliciaday. http://t.co/Htr… 1 day ago
- RT @davecheney: Hints for writing Unix tools - monkey.org/~marius/unix-t… 2 days ago
- RT @larissa_reid: “@dkrolph: Internet service providers must help crack down on fake goods, high court rules gu.com/p/42t34/tw via @gu… 3 days ago