I’ve had a couple of bits of nice news in the last couple of months. I had been part of a group paper for VALA, unfortunately whether it be my inability to write a paper collaboratively or simply continuing personal dramas, I failed to contribute to it. Actually it’s not necessarily an inability to collaborate, it could just be that I see deadlines as fluid and flexible whereas everyone else meets them :-) While I’m sad that I let folk down, I’m also glad that they got the paper done without me. I’ve also been keen to get my name taken off the paper and requested it a couple of times. Got a very nice email in the last week asking if I’d be ok with my name being removed given my lack of contribution – the person in question had missed my emails requesting the same and I’m guessing was rather relieved when I happily responded that removing my name would be fine :-) In other news, I’ve been asked to chair a session at Beyond the Hype in a couple of weeks. That at least I can do, and do on time, and as I know all 3 folk in my session, should be able to mostly adlib it. Well, I’ll be reading up on all 3 papers and people anyway because adlibbing works best for me, when I have a good foundation of knowledge. Preparation does wonders and it means if my muse fails on the day, I have a fallback position.
- RT @benkimediyorum: Design VS User Experience http://t.co/kq6HFKw4qR 5 hours ago
- Snow in the Blue Mountains and a nice chill in the air. Thank you for switching winter back on :-) 6 hours ago
- RT @theage: Jennifer Lawrence nude photos: Sharing not a scandal, it's a crime | @JohnBirmingham | brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blunt-… via @brisbanetimes 1 day ago
- RT @MrPJEvans: My #emfcamp badge has Tetris. Take that EVERY CONFERENCE BADGE EVER. http://t.co/ERHHRwAayG 2 days ago
- RT @tauriqmoosa: Woman do other things than breeding, dont they? I wouldn't know. But maybe they'll be doctors one day or something. http:/… 2 days ago